Connecting to WPA2 Enterprise wireless networks, you will need to configure your laptop or mobile device and have your account username and password. This wireless client instruction guide is for the Windows 7 operating system. Please note that these instructions are for reference only and some information may vary depending your wireless card model/driver version and software update.
Install the Certificate
Before you configure your laptop for use on the wireless network, you will need to install the wireless certificate. Without this certificate, you will not securely authenticate to the wireless network.
1. Download the certificate and save to your PC.
2. Navigate to the downloaded certificate and double click to start the installation.
3. On the Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard screen, click Next.
4. At the Certificate Store screen, select Place all certificates in the following store then press Browse....
5. Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click on OK.
6. Back at the Certificate Store screen, click Next.
7. On the Completing the Certificate Import Wizard screen, click Finish.
8. When the Security Warning box appears, choose Yes to install the certificate.
9. A message is displayed confirming the import was successful, press OK, then close the Certificate window by pressing OK.
Configure the client
1. Right click the wireless network icon in the system tray and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. From the menu on the left, select Manage wireless networks.
3. Click on the Add button.
4. Select the option to Manually create a network profile...
5. Enter the following information then press Next:
6. On the next page, choose Change connection settings.
7. Select the Security tab and press Settings....
8. Tick the Validate server certificate box and select the YourCert certificate. Set the Authentication Method to Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) then press Configure...
9. Ensure that Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) is unticked and click OK. Click OK to close any other open windows to return to the desktop.
10. After a few seconds, a message should appear from the task bar saying "Additional information is required..." click inside the bubble.
11. Enter your account username and password and leave the Login Domain box empty and click OK.
12. You should now be connected to the wireless network.