Grandstream HandyTone-502 FXS Configuration for 3CX
The easiest way to set up a phone for use with 3CX PhoneSystem is to use the built-in provisioning functionality inside 3CX PhoneSystem. This will allow the phone to configure itself by retrieving a 3cx-generated phone configuration file.
This is a 3-step process:
- Enable provisioning for an extension to create the phone's configuration files
- Tell the phone where to get its configuration files from.
- Optionally configure advanced options such as Time Zone from the Phone Provisioning node
Enabling Provisioning for an Extension
Select the extension you want to provision and go to the "Phone Provisioning" tab.
- In the "MAC Address" field, enter the phone's 12-character MAC Address. This information is normally printed on the back of the phone.
- In the "Model" field, select the model number of the phone you want to provision.
- Select the preferred display language for the phone.
- If your 3CX Phone System machine has multiple network interfaces, select the interface IP Address through which the phone will be connecting to the 3CX PhoneSystem machine using the "Select Interface" drop down. You can skip this step if you have only one network card in your 3CX Phone System machine.
- Click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the page to create the configuration files. These will be created in a folder on the web server, and picked up by the phone upon boot-up.
Getting the Phone to Retrieve its Configuration Files
For now, the phones must be manually told to download the configuration files from the central server. To do this:
- Start up the phone and identify its IP Address. Pick up the handset of the HT502 and dial "***" to use the IVR menu. Press "#" to return to the main menu, then press "02" to hear the IP address.
- Point your browser to the web interface of the phone. Exp: http://172.18.33.2.
The default password is "admin".
- Go to the "Advanced Settings" tab.
- Set the Layer 2 QoS "802.1Q/VLAN Tag" field to "20" and "802.1p priority value" to "6".
- Scroll down to the "Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning" section.
- Set the "Upgrade Via" field to "HTTP".
- Set the "Config Server Path" field to: 172.18.32.50:5000/provisioning/
- Set the "Config File Prefix" to "cfg".
- Click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page, and then click the "Reboot" button.
- Now go to the "FXS PORT1" tab.
- Set the "Primary SIP Server" field to the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server, 172.18.32.50.
- Set the “Outbound Proxy” field to the same as above, 172.18.32.50.
- The “SIP User ID” field should match the “Extension Number” field of the extension created for this phone in the 3CX Phone System Management Console, 7511.
- In the “Authenticate ID” and “Authenticate Password” fields enter the ID and Password that you entered for the extension in the 3CX Phone System Management Console. These fields must match the Authentication ID and Password set for that extension in the 3CX Phone System Management Console.
- The “Name” field is optional. A suitable value would be the name of the user using this phone.
- Set “User ID is phone number” to “Yes”
- Set “Sip Registration” to “Yes”
- Set “Unregister on Reboot” to “Yes”
- Set the “Register Expiration” field to a suitable value. For general use: 60 minutes.
- Set “Outgoing call without Registration” to yes
- Set “Enable Call Features” to “Yes”. This setting enables features like transfer, on hold etc from the analog phone connected to the FXS port of the device
- Set the "Ring Timeout" field to "30 seconds".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Update” button. You will be prompted to reboot the device. Click the “Reboot” button.
Advanced configuration options (Time Zone, DST, Firmwares, Phone Display Language)
You can configure Time Zone, DST and other options from the Phone provisioning node. From here you can also edit the provisioning templates and include custom configuration options into the templates.