Monitoring Calls and Extensions
The default tab shows the active calls in the system (it will show all the calls you have rights to see) as well as a list of all the extensions in the system, grouped by extension group.
3CX MyPhone will show all active calls, color coded.
- Internal calls – Shown in purple.
- External calls – Shown in dark blue.
- Queue calls – Shown in light blue.
- Parked calls – Shown in dark red.
You can right–click on any active call (providing you have the rights) and perform one of the following actions:
- Pickup – Diverts the call to your extension.
- Hang up – Disconnects call.
- Transfer – Transfers the call to another extension. You will be prompted for an extension number.
- Park – Parks the call so that another user can pick up the parked call.
- Divert to My Voice Mail – Transfers the call to your voice mail.
- Record Call – Records the conversation and stores it a wav file on the server.
- Barge in – Joins you to the call so that you can speak and listen in.
If you have an active call yourself, you can perform the following actions:
- Hang Up the call
- Transfer the call to another user
- Park the call
- Record the call
The extensions section of 3CX Assistant lists all extensions and shows their status. Right-click on an extension and you can:
- Call the user
- Chat with that user
- Call the mobile number of that user
- Leave a voice mail message
- Make an intercom call
- Create a conference call with the user
You can also call an extension by double clicking on the extension.
The following extension states are possible:
- Green – User is available for calls.
- Grey – Not registered – User does not have a phone registered to take calls.
- Red – Away – User’s status is set to Away. Calls will be diverted based on his/her preferences.
- Dark Orange – User’s status is set to Out Of Office. Calls will be diverted based on his/her preferences.
- Yellow – User’s phone is ringing or dialing.
- Purple – User is on an internal call.
- Blue – User is on an external call.
- Light Blue – This is a queue call.