Home » Call Queues
The preferences tab allows you to configure desired behavior of 3CX MyPhone. Some of the features require the installation of the 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components.
3CX MyPhone Desktop Components
The 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components are required for the “Bring to front”, the “Hotkey dialing” features as well as the Microsoft Outlook & TAPI integration. These features require integration with Microsoft Windows and can not be done using just the web based 3CX MyPhone. 3CX MyPhone Desktop components require .NET framework 4 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 upwards. .NET framework 4 will be automatically installed if you do not have it. To install 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components:
- Click on the ‘Install’ button in the 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components section.
- A setup file will be downloaded.
- Run this setup file from your downloads folder.
- Setup will check if you have .NET 4 installed and if not download it and install it for you.
- Setup will then proceed to install the components.
- After setup has completed, restart your MyPhone session (logout and close browser) and login again.
- If you have Microsoft Outlook installed, Setup will automatically install the Microsoft Outlook add-ins.
After 3CX MyPhone Desktop components has been installed, you can now configure the dialing and notifications below. To complete Microsoft Outlook integration, follow the instructions below.
- Bring to front on incoming call – this will pop up a dialog on your desktop notifying you of the call and allowing you to reject or transfer it.
- Notify external program on incoming call – optionally you can run an external program that performs certain actions on inbound calls, for example pop up a customer record. Select the program executable and any optional parameters to enable this function.
- Sort extensions by name or number.
- Choose Language – Select your preferred interface language.
- Choose Theme – Select your favorite theme.
The Dialing section allows you to configure how outbound calls should be launched.
Hotkey – You can specify a hotkey that will trigger an outbound call. This allows you to select a number in a web page or document and hit the hotkey to dial it.
When calls are launched, the call is made using one of these options:
- Call Deskphone – PBX will call your deskphone and establish call. You can specify to use intercom if your phone supports it. This way you just need to pick up the phone to listen to the other party.
- Launch 3CXPhone – this will make the call using 3CXPhone for Windows.
- Trigger call on deskphone using this URL. This requires that your phone has an HTTP CTI interface.
You can specify a default parking slot to park calls. This allows you to configure a different default parking slot per department. In addition you can configure that calls are automatically parked in the next available parking orbit.
The chat section allows you to disable chat for your extension, as well as disable the sounds that get played when a new text message appears.
Microsoft Outlook Integration
Before you can use the Outlook integration, you must configure it. To do this:
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed the 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components. Otherwise the ‘Configure’ link will appear grayed out.
- Now click on the ‘Configure’ link.
- A dialog box will appear that allows you to select which Contacts folders you want to use to match a caller ID to a contact. You can select personal contact folders or even public folders. Select as many as you want but the more you select the slower the matching will be.
- Click OK to complete configuration.
- Specify whether whether you want the contact record to be popped up automatically on incoming calls.
- Specify the number of digits of the caller ID that must match with the phone number of the contact. For example, if you select 5, 3CX MyPhone will take the last 5 digits of the caller ID and look for a contact whose last 5 digits of their phone number matches the last 5 digits of the caller ID.