Display SIP message flow using SipViewer
Diagnosing complex SIP problems often requires looking at the SIP message flow between the components of sipXecs, as well as to and from phones and external gateways. There is a nifty tool for SipXecs called SipViewer. It essentially lets you look at a condensed but powerful call flow analysis of a call or calls on the system.
- There is a standalone installer for the SipViewer tool on the sipxecs project server:
Download the SipViewer installer
The above installer is a java .jar file - execute it on your system to run the installer, eg:
java -jar sipviewer-install.jar
- Clear your log files. (use Putty or SecureCRT to remote your sipxecs server)
rm -f /var/log/sipxpbx/*
- Recreate your problem. Now, we want to take the error logs and merge them into one file. Use this command to do it
cd /var/log/sipxpbx merge-logs
- Now, using your favorite tool, copy the file merged.xml from your server to your local computer. It can be found in /var/log/sipxpbx/merged.xml. (WinSCP http://winscp.net/eng/download.php)
- Open in SipViewer, for great levels of detail for troubleshooting problems.