Provisioning a CISCO SPA525G for VirtualPBX Phone System
- Make sure you have set up an account with Virtual PBX, one that is meant to be used with a self-configured IP phone. In doing this, you will get a DID (phone number) and a password from Virtual PBX.
- Plug in your phone. Connect to the network first, then add power.
- Find the phone's IP Address. Refer to the manufacturer's documentation for instructions on doing this.
- Go to the phone's web interface. From a computer attached to the same network as the phone, open a web browser and go to http://<IP Address>/.
- Enter account settings.
- Click "Admin Login" on the right side of the page.
- Next, click "advanced" on the right side of the page.
- Now configure your phone as shown below.
- When finished, click Submit All Changes and make sure the phone reboots.
- Disable unused line keys 2 - 5.
- Disable unsupported hardware features.
- Enter the Short Name for the Line Key 1. (your extension number)
- Enable the line. (Ext 1)
- Enable NAT.
- Enable DNS SRV and Proxy information.
- Enter Subscriber Information.